Friday, February 26, 2010

Vena Cava talk; Shopdropping

A few days ago I saw the girls of Vena Cava talk at the Parsons building on 40th and 7th ave. One of the many perks of going to Parsons (I guess the New School in general) is that you get to attend talks and events like this with famous alumni. Plus they're so cool! The yesterday we had "Crashlab" instead of our usual lab classes. Much like lab, this day was mostly some spontaneous happening with little point, but it was pretty fun anyway. The whole idea of shopdropping is that you make art and put it into a store (grocery store, book store, not necessarily just clothing store) to make some kind of statement. I made some macaroni box sleeves with inspirational messages. These are a few: Then you slyly place them into the store somewhere where they will eventually be noticed. I went with Ian (who made a cereal box) to Whole Foods where we dropped our stuff off. Here's a video of Ian and I IN ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment