Friday, October 30, 2009

Dinner Tonight: SweetPotatoPotatoCarrot Soup



My mom's recipe! SUUUUUUPER easy to make

1/2 Large Potato
1/2 Large Sweet Potato
about 1/2 Small bag of baby carrots
Sugar
Salt

Finely chop the potato, sweet potato and carrots to make them easier to mash later. Boil the pieces in a pot until soft (about 10 minutes). Strain about half the pot into the sink, and pour the other half into a separate bowl. Add a little sugar and salt to the strained mix (being a college student, I don't use actual bought salt and sugar. Instead I use the salt and sugar packets from McDonalds, Starbucks, etc. I usually add one sugar packet and two salts). Mash the pieces in the pot, adding water from the bowl little by little until soupy (I like it a little thicker). Dump any extra water out of the bowl and pour soupy mixture in. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment